SakuraDate Review 2024: What to Know Before Signing Up
SakuraDate is one of the newer international dating platforms that has quickly gained popularity among Western men. This is primarily a site for meeting Asian ladies living in Asian countries or women of Asian descent living elsewhere, so if that’s who you’re into, you are sure to find plenty of like-minded individuals here. Find out more about the site and how to enhance user experience with exciting features and special offers from our detailed review of SakuraDate.
|Number of female members💋
|Yes, browser only
|Female to male ratio👩🦳
|69 to 31
How does this online dating platform work?
Having been reviewing various dating sites for over a decade, we have gained a lot of valuable knowledge and formed our own criteria for reviewing and comparing different services. And the question of usability on a dating site is one of the most important ones to us because, without a pleasant user experience, it’s very hard to build meaningful connections. So what can you expect from Sakura Date and how does SakuraDate compare to similar dating services? Let’s take a look at its main usability features.
Unlike some other dating sites that make users complete a lengthy procedure just to start browsing and messaging, SakuraDate has made it super easy to start your online dating journey. To create a SakuraDate account, all you need to do is the following:
- Visit the homepage of SakuraDate and find the registration form.
- Fill in the form with information about your name, date of birth, email, and password.
- Click “Search for my soulmate” to be immediately transformed into your potential matches.
- After you’re done, you will be asked to confirm your email address, although that’s not urgent.
Similarly to other dating platforms, SakuraDate provides an alternative option to those who want to circumvent the registration process: you can start using the site and access individual features immediately by signing into SakuraDate using your Google account.
Setting up your profile
In our dating platform SakuraDate review, we will again and again state that this site is perfect for building meaningful relationships, and its profile setup functionality is another proof of that. You have so many opportunities to describe yourself and your perfect match that the chance of finding genuine connections is really high. Here is what you can do while crafting your user identity on Sakura Date:
- Add a profile photo — if you’re going to add just one, make sure it’s flattering, current, shot in good lighting, and not overly edited.
- Describe yourself. Most female users of SakuraDate will use search filters and advanced matchmaking algorithms to find suitable partners, so make sure your profile does you justice. There are many ways in which you can express yourself to the diverse user base of SakuraDate. The available fields include country and city, marital status, religion, whether you have children and want to have more in the future, education and job, interests and values, and what you expect from your time on the site.
- Describe your partner. To make it easier for women to decide if they fit your expectations and requirements, you have the option to describe the key features of your ideal partner right in your profile. For example, you can specify the following traits: age groups, body type, height, eye and hair color, marital status, smoking and drinking preferences, and whether she has children.
Author’s quote: When setting up your profile, you will find a “Tell more about yourself” section, where you can write whatever you want. Make sure to utilize each of the 1,500 available characters: show off your lovable personality, and sense of humor, or try to attract women with the same values.
How easy is it to use SakuraDate?
After spending many days on SakuraDate to prepare for our review, we have found that SakuraDate offers a user-friendly interface that is easy to understand and to use even for those who don’t have a lot of online dating experience. All the features and site sections are conveniently located and can be reached within one or two clicks, so you are never too far away from any feature or user you can think of.
We’ve also found that SakuraDate offers pretty great usability on mobile devices. There is no separate app to download, so if you want to use SakuraDate on your smartphone, you will need to fire up your mobile browser. However, the mobile version has an intuitive user interface, all basic and advanced messaging and matching features are there, the profiles look appealing and informative, and you can seamlessly transfer your chat rooms from desktop to mobile and back without losing track of your conversations.
Safety and support
A secure environment is a vital component of an enjoyable user experience on a dating website: when you know the site is protecting user identity and using advanced security measures to ensure safe dating for everyone, you are much more likely to spend more time there without worrying about how things are going to go.
So what does SakuraDate offer in terms of security and user protection? First of all, there is a very detailed FAQ section that we rarely see on other online dating platforms, where you can find out more about how the service works and how to use it safely. Moreover, there is an option to block and report any profiles that look suspicious or behave suspiciously. Finally, SakuraDate has a support team that you can contact via email whenever you have questions or complaints about your experience.
Why is the SakuraDate search algorithm better than the others?
One of the reasons SakuraDate stands out from the competition is not just its vast and global user base, but also the robust search filters available to every member. The site offers two types of search: basic and advanced. With the help of a basic search, you can filter the members by age range and online status.
However, the extensive search engine is much more interesting. It allows you to describe your potential match down to the smallest detail, including:
- Country and city
- Height and body type
- Hair color and eye color
- Marital status
- Religious views
- Children and whether they want more
- Smoking and drinking habits
- Education and profession
- Purpose of staying on SakuraDate
Author’s quote: I would personally recommend not filling out every single search field unless you are looking for someone very specific. The fewer fields you leave blank in the search, the more of the diverse user base will match your search, and the higher the chance of a successful connection will be.
We’ve mentioned before that SakuraDate is a dating site that prioritizes genuine connections, and developing a real connection with someone online is not possible without a comprehensive selection of communication tools. We’ll start by saying that while there are no video calls and special events you will find on SakuraDate, the range of communication features otherwise is nothing short of impressive. Here is what you can do when you want to contact someone:
- Like a profile: This is an easy way to indicate your interest without saying anything.
- Add to favorites: This can be a great feature when someone catches your attention but you don’t have the time to contact them right away.
- Say Hello: This is a unique feature that allows you to send a pre-written opening message depending on your mood and intentions.
- Chat: Basic messaging services are probably the feature you will use the most on SakuraDate, and for good reason.
- Mail: When you’ve found one or more compatible matches and want to develop the connection further, sometimes writing a letter is the best option.
- Message attachments: Although SakuraDate does not have live video chat rooms, it still allows you to exchange videos, audio messages, and photos through attachments.
- Contact request and meeting request: These are the features that allow you to take the relationship to the next level when you feel like it.
- Gifts: You can surprise your significant other with a gift, such as flowers or perfume, by having it delivered straight to her.
Author’s quote: I was pleased to discover that gifts also offer special events accessibility (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, etc). Of course, you can send one on any day, but a thoughtful gift for the right occasion fosters even more meaningful connections.
Prices offered by the online dating site SakuraDate
SakuraDate is a dating site where everyone gets the same opportunities to fill out the profile, use search and compatibility tests developed by the website, as well as visit other people’s profiles. There is no such thing as a basic plan or a Premium plan. The only thing you need to spend money on is credits, which can then be spent on communication features. Credits are available in several different packages, including:
- 35 credits for $12.99
- 50 credits for $19
- 100 credits for 33
- 1,000 credits for $200
Moreover, as a new member of SakuraDate, you can get your first 35 credits for a one-time price of $2.99. In addition to that, 20 credits are awarded to each new user regardless of whether they buy more credits later, so you can give the basic messaging and matching features a try. Now let’s take a look at the most popular paid features offered by the site:
- Liking someone or a message — 2 credits each
- Sending a wink — 2 credits each
- Live chat — 20 credits for 10 minutes
- Sending a letter — 20 credits each
- Sending or viewing a video message — 25 credits each
Compared to some other dating services, SakuraDate is on the affordable side. The absence of paid membership means you don’t need to spend money just to be a member and to visit the profiles. Only when you know for a fact you want to get to know someone better, you can get as many credits as you want and plan advanced messaging campaigns.
Pros and cons of SakuraDate
- The female audience keeps constantly growing
- Many ways to find and contact potential matches
- You can find both romance and friendship online
- Encryption technology in place for sensitive data
- Wide range of subscription plans
- No video calls are available
- There are no mobile apps to download
- Most features require additional payment
The audience of SakuraDate
We’ve mentioned that SakuraDate is a great place for meeting like-minded individuals, but who exactly can you meet there and who does its female audience consist of? Here is what we have found while preparing for our review:
- Unsurprisingly, the majority of women on SakuraDate are Asian women. But that includes not only women who live in Asia but also women of Asian descent who live elsewhere, so you can truly get the best of both worlds.
- One of the things that impressed us is the fact that all women on SakuraDate have extensively detailed profiles with multiple photos. These women readily share their interests and values in the hope to find someone who shares them and seems truly motivated to meet someone.
- The women on SakuraDate are not always the first ones to contact men, at least in our experience. However, we got a pretty good response rate on our test account: out of 10 women we’ve contacted, 9 replied within 10 minutes and the conversation only got better from there.
- We noticed that SakuraDate has lots of women online at any time of the day. This is likely because its female audience is located in different parts of the world, but still, it means that you can find someone to chat with every time you log into your SakuraDate account.
|Ease of Use ❤️
What is SakuraDate best suited for?
So, after all the information about subscription plans and communication features, let’s decide once and for all: what is SakuraDate best suited for? We believe SakuraDate is the perfect site for:
- Getting to know charming women from a different part of the world, enriching each other’s cultural knowledge and language proficiency.
- Chatting online and flirting with attractive singles who are as interested in having a conversation with you as you are in meeting them.
- Most importantly, for developing long-term, serious connections that can then lead to offline dating and even marriage, in some cases.
Bottom line: Can you have a good online dating experience with SakuraDate?
SakuraDate may not have a video chat feature and its female audience may be somewhat smaller than on some other dating platforms, but at the end of the day, SakuraDate is an excellent dating site that provides plenty of opportunities to meet someone special.
All of the profiles you encounter there belong to real Asian girls who seem to be very romantic and motivated to find a good partner, which is why they actively participate in conversations and make an effort to get to know and impress you. And, with an extensive search engine and the pay-as-you-go model, what else is there to desire? We would love to hear what you think about SakuraDate, so make sure to leave a comment!